Friday, July 2, 2010

Britney Spears

Next in my line-up of celebrity autographs is the one and only Britney Spears.


Britney really hit the big time with the release of her single, ...Baby One More Time, in 1999. I started following Britney's career when one of my friends (who shall remain nameless) told me about her.


The song title was also used as the album title, and was then followed by Oops!.. I Did It Again (2000), Britney (2001), and In The Zone (2003).

This was what many people consider to be the high point of Britney's career, as it culminated in DVDs, posters, t-shirts, even her own dolls. She also had a guest spot on The Simpsons, her own feature film, Crossroads (co-starring Star Trek's Zoe Saldana), and a cameo as a Fembot in Austin Powers In Goldmember.


Since then, Britney married twice, once (briefly) to Jason Allen Alexander, and then to Kevin Federline, the father of her two children.

Reported drug and alcohol problems surfaced, which resulted in Britney shaving her head and then going in for therapy. The paparazzi didn't help either.

Britney returned to the recording studio, releasing Blackout (2007) and Circus (2008). Once again, the media went crazy about her less-then-well received on stage performances in the US and Australia. But what do you expect from blood-sucking parasites?

Anyway, when In The Zone was released, I wrote to Britney and sent her a Cleo postcard. Not only did I get the postcard signed, I also received an 8x10.


Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment