Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Carey Mulligan

Next in my list of celebrity autographs is Carey Mulligan.



Carey is a British Actress who first made a name for herself playing Kitty Bennet in the 2005 movie Pride & Prejudice alongside Keira Knightley, Rosamund Pike and Judy Dench.

Then in 2007 she appeared as Sally Sparrow in the Doctor Who episode Blink, which has been regularly rated as the best episode of all time.  Sally only meets the Tenth Doctor (David Tennant) once in this episode, but she does have a scene with his DVD Easter Egg earlier in the episode.  If you watch it you'll understand what I'm referring to.


Sally never joined the Doctor as a companion, and since then Carey starred in the movie An Education, for which she was nominated for a BAFTA, Oscar, Golden Globe, and a Chicago Film Critics Award for Best Actress.


In 2010 she co-starred in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.  I didn't watch it but my brother said it was quite a good movie.  She has recently finished filming The Great Gatsby alongside Leonardo DiCaprio and former Spider-Man actor Tobey Maguire.

Now onto the autograph!  I'm currently creating comics for the Doctor Who Club of Victoria which are used as part of the club's magazine, Sonic Screwdriver.  As appreciation they sent me this limited edition "Blink" postcard signed by Carey!



SCORE!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this post. I'm not a dedicated Dr Who fan, but I did find this article very informative.

    ReplyDelete