Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Mie Hama

My next celebrity autograph blog is Mie Hama.


Best known for playing Kissy Suzuki in the 1967 James Bond film You Only Live Twice alongside Sean Connery, Mie Hama was already an established actress in Japan, having starred in over 60 productions from 1960 onwards, including the 1965 Bond-spoof Ironfinger.

She also starred in other notable films, such as King Kong Escapes (1967) and the 1966 film What's Up Tiger Lily? which was directed by and starred Woody Allen.


To co-incide with the release of You Only Live Twice, Mie Hama posed nude in the June 1967 edition of Playboy magazine, which is now quite a collectable, among James Bond and Playboy fans alike.  Yes, I have a copy in my collection of 007 memorabilia.


After the release of You Only Live Twice, Mie Hama returned to acting in her native Japan.

Now, onto the autograph (sort of!) a few years ago I wrote a fan letter to the Office of Mie Hama, to which I received a letter of reply rejecting my request for an autograph. Included in the letter was a brief description of her time on the set of You Only Live Twice, to which the letter was signed with her shubun, which (to me) is as good as an autographed photo!


Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I’ve been following your blog for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the good work! work schedule login

    ReplyDelete